Health & Wellness Grant Application Procedure
The Allegheny-Kiski Health Foundation is pleased to share its Health & Wellness Grant request guidelines with qualified non-profit organizations.
- Priority is given to grant applicants who have been invited to submit a grant application by the AKH Foundation and to organizations with which it enjoys a pre-existing strategic partnership.
- Potential grant applicants are strongly encouraged to phone the AKH Foundation (724-294-3157) to discuss the project for which they are seeking funding prior to submitting a completed grant application.
- Successful grant applications must pass a three-stage review: (1) Clerical Review, (2) Grant Committee Review, and (3) Board of Director’s Review. The review and determination process may take two months or longer depending on the timing in which the application is received relative to scheduled Grant Review Committee and Board of Director meetings.
- Grant applications may be submitted at any time by the organization’s chief officer.
- Completed grant applications are to be submitted by mail or delivery service to the AKH Foundation President, One Acee Drive, Natrona Heights, PA 15065.
Eligible Grant Applicants
- Grants are made only to 501 (c)(3) organizations, or other similar community nonprofit organizations, headquartered in the Alle-Kiski Valley, for projects that help improve the health, wellness or quality of life of those who live or work in the Alle-Kiski Valley.
- The Foundation prefers to fund grants for projects that have a direct, measurable and significant impact on the health & wellness of those who live or work in the Alle-Kiski Valley.
- The Foundation prefers to fund projects that foster strategic partnerships with other organizations and efforts in the Alle-Kiski Valley, including partnerships with the AKH Foundation.
- The Foundation typically does NOT fund projects that it determines are the fundamental responsibility of the organization requesting funding. Such projects include, but are not limited to, bricks & mortar, major equipment, and employee training that is fundamental to the organization’s mission.
- The Foundation typically does NOT fund projects that are duplicative of other community programs and projects, multi-year grant commitments, or grants to capital campaigns. It also does NOT fund regular operations, budget shortfalls, salaries and wages, etc.
Grant requests are to be in letter form, which efficiently and succinctly explains the following and are signed by the organization’s CEO and/or Board Chairperson:
- The name of the organization and the name, title and qualifications of the person in charge of the project’s implementation.
- A detailed description of the project for which funds are being requested, including the project’s importance to the organization, an evaluation plan for how the project’s success will be evaluated, and the impact that the project will have on the health, wellness or quality of life of the Alle-Kiski Valley.
- A project timetable from planning to implementation.
- A complete project budget including ALL sources of funding that will cover the project’s total cost.
- The following attachments MUST accompany the application in order to be considered a complete application:
- The organization’s current operating budget.
- A copy of the organization’s IRS 501 (c)(3) non-profit
- The organization’s most recent annual report.
- The organization’s most recent independent audit report.
- The organization’s most recently completed IRS 990 Form.
- Any other pertinent information that your organization feels is necessary to make a complete case for support of the project. Upon review of an organization’s submitted grant application, the AKH Foundation may request additional information.
- Please feel free to contact the AKH Foundation office at (724) 294-3157 if you have questions or require assistance in completing the grant application.
The AKH Foundation reserves the right to change and/or amend its grant application policy at any time, without prior notification, and may make exceptions at any time, as determined by its President and/or Board of Directors.