As You Approach the Scene of a Medical Emergency, Approach With Wide Angle Vision. Take Notice as to What is Going on Around the Victim.
- Is there a nearby live electrical wire?
- Is there vehicle traffic that can impact your ability to safely provide aid?
- Is there evidence of a nearby fire?
- Is there a person with a weapon lurking?
- Is there evidence of a liquid, powder or other substance on or near the victim?
- Are there stinging insects or other animal-world threats?
- Is there evidence of a wall or cliff about to collapse?
The First Consideration When Encountering a Medical Emergency Isn’t To Provide Medical Aid!